Monday, July 6, 2009

Audio Books

I read in our Straits Times some weeks ago that our National Library and some regional ones are stocking “Audio Books”. Was curious to see how this works. I went to our Bedok Library , and sure enough they have quite an array of A-Books. The stipulation is we can only borrow 2 A-Books at any one time. A Premium member ($21 p a) can borrow 4.

I browsed around and found “Animal Farm” by George Orwell. For some reason I have not read this title before although it was deemed very popular. Anyway I took it home ( 3 CDs) and downloaded it to my MP3 .Hope I am not infringing any copy right rules.

It was a wonderful experience like listening to a story being told, sometimes with animated sounds. The reader also had a very good voice. This way the time taken on longer bus rides in the future will be utilised better.

No comments:

Post a Comment